Hello, writer! We’re going to take a wild guess and say that you’re probably investigating the options for eBook formatting, right? On this page, you’ll find:
- A quick breakdown of the three eBook formats,
- Facts about what makes Blue Cherry’s formatting service unique, and
- What to expect when you ask Blue Cherry to make your eBook.
Our professionally-formatted eBooks are guaranteed to give you a head start in achieving self-publishing success.
What do I need to know about eBook formats?
There are three main eBook formats. Learn which kind best suits your manuscript:
- Reflowable (Standard) eBooks: Reflowable eBooks are the most popular type of eBooks among self-publishing authors. They are called “reflowable” because the content “flows” or adapts to the device’s size, resolution, and orientation. Readers can adjust the font size and margins on their devices. Reflowable eBooks are ideal for books that are primarily text, such as novels and text-heavy non-fiction.
- Fixed-Layout eBooks: Fixed-Layout eBooks are “typeset” just like print books and retain the same exact appearance across all devices. However, they are not as widely compatible as reflowable ebooks, and readers cannot adjust font size, margins, etc. This format is ideal for publishing image-rich books that require specific layouts such as cookbooks, children’s books, or coffee table books.
- Enhanced eBooks: Enhanced eBooks contain media such as audio, video, animations, interactive quizzes, etc. Both reflowable eBooks and fixed-layout eBooks can be enhanced eBooks, but feature compatibility varies depending on the platform or device your readers use to read your enhanced eBook.
Unsure which best suits your project? We’re happy to guide you, just give us a call or send us an email. Or, you can read a more detailed description of any of the above by clicking on the name.
What’s makes Blue Cherry’s eBook formatting service unique?
- Flexibility: We receive manuscripts in any file format and create eBooks that work on all popular platforms/devices.
- Customization: Our eBooks are completely custom. We can replicate or create the look you want.
- Quality: All eBook formatting elements (headings, quotes, lists, citations, images, tables, external links, etc.) are optimized for use on any device. Our eBooks are thoroughly tested on all relevant devices and apps, and guaranteed to be accepted at the publisher/platform of your choice. All eBooks feature a linked/navigable Table of Contents.
- Speed: We deliver eBooks as quickly as in one week.
- Affordability: We always provide a free sample for review, before you pay for your full eBook to be formatted. We create eBooks for as little as $99 – contact us for an exact quote! Once your eBook is created, we offer unlimited revisions and free help in uploading/selling via popular channels. We do not charge any royalties on the sales of eBooks we create.
How does the eBook formatting process work?
- You send us your manuscript file(s).
- We create a free eBook sample for review, and provide a quote for the full eBook formatting.
- You provide feedback, and we revise the sample, if needed.
- When the sample meets your approval, you pay the quoted amount for the full eBook formatting. (Or, you pay nothing, if you decide not to proceed.)
- We deliver the full distribution-ready eBook you need to self-publish online.
- You provide feedback, and we revise the eBook, if needed.
- We help you upload the eBook to Amazon, iBooks, etc for distribution and sale.
- You enjoy self-publishing success!